The drawbacks of traditional metal braces
Traditional metal braces have a number of drawbacks, and some of these can jeopardize your dental health. The drawbacks to traditional metal braces include:
- A limited diet due to messy eating and the risk of damaging the braces
- Frequent appointments for adjustments
- Irritation of your gums and mouth
- A greater sense of self-consciousness
Several of these drawbacks can actually hurt your dental health, such as the fact that food can get stuck in your braces, which can lead to cavities and tooth decay. In addition, small nicks and cuts on your gums and in your mouth can further impede your dental health.
The Invisalign alternative
The new alternative to traditional metal braces is Invisalign. The Invisalign system consists of a series of plastic straightening trays (called aligners) that you change out every two weeks. Over the course of time, these trays will gently realign your teeth, giving you a straighter smile.
The advantages of Invisalign include:
- Removability, meaning that you can remove your trays at meal times, so you will never have to worry about messy eating or breaking a bracket.
- Absolutely no gum or mouth irritation.
- Invisibility so no one will ever have to know you are wearing them (many professionals choose Invisalign for this reason)
Clearly, Invisalign is the modern solution for persons who want to straighten their crooked teeth.
Clear braces from Babylon Dental Care
Our highly trained specialists, Dr. Baker, Dr. Beck, Dr. Brown, Dr. Zerbo and Dr. Soral, will help you determine if Invisalign is right for you. They’ll treat you with the utmost care and compassion while giving you a smile that is bright and beautiful.