Restorative dentistry (also known as prosthodontic dentistry) often involves the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases and helps manage oral health problems. Restorative dentistry is needed to deal with diseases caused by cavities or other conditions as well as possible chipped or cracked teeth caused by trauma. Restorative dentistry involves the dental specialties of endodontics, periodontics, and prosthodontics.
Our Restorative Dentistry Team
Dr. Clifford Brown, DDS, and Dr. Harold Gaynes, DMD, are both members of the ADA. The entire team at Babylon Dental Care offers a wealth of experience.
Dr. Stephen Peck, GWP/GSB, is a Doctor of Dental Surgery who trained at Georgetown University School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Harold Gaynes, GSB, taught at Temple University Dental School and had dental residency and was chief resident at Stony Brook Hospital.
Dr. Mark Knakal, GSB/GWP, is in charge of the proper maintenance of periodontal health for the patients. Dr. John Baker, GSB, specializes in orthodontics about dentistry. Dr. Manish Soral, GSB, is a dental associate who trained at SUNY University at Buffalo.
Dr. Edward Zerbo, GSB, is a General Dentist who received an undergraduate degree from Stony Brook University and also trained at the University of Detroit Mercy Dental School. Dr. David Durgan, GSB, has been practicing dentistry for more than a quarter-century. Dr. Mark Polanski, GSB, is an associate dentist who has been in private practice for the last 25 years in New York and New Jersey.
Dr. Silvia Baker, GSB, received a bachelor’s degree from New York University and a Doctor of Dental Surgery from Columbia School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Matthew Kahn, GWP, trained at Brown University and Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine as well as Stony Brook Hospital.
Restorative Dentistry Services We Offer
Restorative dentistry focuses on trying to preserve natural teeth as much as possible but often involves replacing missing teeth. It is necessary to fill gaps in the mouth to prevent cavities caused by the buildup of plaque and other bacteria.
Some of the most common kinds of restorative dentistry procedures that Babylon Dental Care provides include:
- The Altadonics Assurance Denture — An Altadonics™ Assurance Denture is an exact copy of a patient’s current denture, and it allows people to maintain the length of teeth with the comfort of the original denture. The Altadonics™ Assurance Denture serves as a valuable “back-up” for your existing denture, and the information used to create the denture can be saved for future use if additional dentures are needed.
- Dental Bridges — Dental bridges are used to bridge gaps caused by missing teeth. The four main types of dental bridges are the traditional cantilever, Maryland, and implant-supported dental bridges, and they may need to be replaced every few years. Babylon Dental Care can help you determine the best bridge for your gap issue. Dental bridges also help keep other teeth from moving out of place.
- Dental Crowns — Dental crowns are covers or caps for teeth that help restore teeth to their normal shape, size, and function. Crowns may be needed when a person has a cavity that is too large for a filling, a cracked tooth, a person has had a root canal, or a person has discolored or misshapen teeth. Permanent crowns may be stainless steel, all metal (gold, platinum, or another alloy), porcelain-fused-to-metal, all resin, or all ceramic. Babylon Dental Care offers porcelain crowns for patients created by Dr. Clifford Brown, Dr. Stephen Peck, and Dr. Harold Gaynes. Our advanced technology allows us to create crowns that ready for use quickly.
- Endodontics — Endodontics is a dental specialty relating to the study and treatment of the dental pulp. They are dental specialists in diagnosing and treating tooth pain and performing root canal treatment. Endodontics may be needed when a person is dealing with tooth pain or sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures. Endodontics can also involve traumatic dental injuries and dental implants.
- Full and Partial Dentures — All dentures are replacements for missing teeth, and partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain while full dentures apply when all teeth are missing. Most dentures can be ready to use within a few weeks of tooth removal. Babylon Dental Care can help provide you with a great smile through a comfortable set of dentures.
- Implant Dentistry — Dental implants can provide permanent solutions to what might otherwise be recurring problems requiring more constant treatment. Implants can often be ideal solutions, but patients have to have the proper bone quality and content to be able to stabilize an implant. In many ways, dental implants are as close as you can get to natural teeth. Implants often help restore the confidence of many people dealing with missing teeth, and Babylon Dental Care has a number of specialists who have performed multiple implants.
Restorative dentistry may be direct or indirect. Direct restoration involves filling prepared cavities and indirect restoration involves customizing tooth replacements. Babylon Dental Care can work with your dental insurance provider to try to get all of your restorative needs covered, but insurance is not required.
When you visit our office, we can diagnose your oral health condition and help explain what all of your options are for the issues that you are dealing with. We will take the time to answer all of your questions and help put you in a place of comfort.
Restorative dentistry is important to help fill empty spaces and keep a person’s teeth properly aligned. It is also beneficial to replace missing teeth so a person can maintain good oral care habits and prevent a number of plaque issues while also being able to regain a greater sense of self-esteem because of their improved smile.
Babylon Dental Care has a Patchogue location in Gateway Plaza on the North Service Road just off the Long Island Expressway. We have been treating our patients like family for nearly 40 years, so do not hesitate to call one of our compassionate and skilled Patchogue dentists today at (631) 983-2937 or contact us online today to request an appointment.