Tooth colored fillings: Metal-Free and Mercury-Free Dentistry Service
When you open your mouth and look in the mirror, do you see silver or metal fillings? How nice would it be to replace those unattractive fillings with fillings that look exactly like your natural teeth? Well now you can, especially when you choose tooth-colored fillings from Babylon Dental Care!
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are an exceptional replacement or alternative to silver or metal fillings that were commonly used for more than 100 years. Not only are silver fillings contaminated with mercury, a harmful substance to your body, but they are also unattractive.
Tooth-colored fillings are also commonly referred to as “composite fillings” or “white bonded fillings” in the field.
- Composite fillings are completely natural-looking; no one will even know you have a cavity!
- Tooth-colored fillings are used to repair decayed, cracked, or broken teeth.
- They are commonly used in our office to replace old silver fillings.
Experience the benefits of tooth-colored fillings!
In the past, the only solution to fix cavities was silver-mercury amalgams, of which several dentists around the world still continue to use. However, when metal or silver were used to fill cavities, the material did not allow for a tight seal, thereby letting moisture inside. Over time, the filling would expand and the tooth would crack at times, eventually leading to broken fillings. Moreover, old metal amalgam fillings would leave patients with discolored teeth.
Nowadays, the composite fillings are chemically bonded to the problem tooth once the decay is removed. This process helps to protect the remaining natural tooth structure from breaking or eroding. Tooth-colored fillings also are:
- Long-lasting and durable.
- Completely customizable in size and color so there are no visible differences between the filling and your natural surrounding teeth.
- Bonded extremely well to your natural tooth, thereby preventing leaks that can lead to cavities or dental problems in the future.
Mercury-free, metal-free fillings: The healthy solution for cavities
As you can see, there are several reasons why patients choose tooth-colored fillings versus silver amalgam fillings.
If you are interested in replacing your silver fillings, we invite you to call Babylon Dental Care at 631-983-6665 to schedule your consultation appointment. Soon you will have a mouthful of natural-looking, dazzling white teeth!